If you are looking for a relaxing vacation then look no further than South Cornwall. But make no mistake! There are plenty of activities to take part in, besides soaking in the beauty of the nature. In this regard South Cornwall is an amazing place for a holiday for couples, families and groups of friends.
Like many other tourist havens, South Cornwall is packed with a variety of lodging options for holiday-makers. This includes, but is not limited to, luxury hotels, holiday homes, rustic houses, self–catering properties and cottages. Since you have opted for a holiday that is sure to offer you a very different kind of touring experience why not choose your accommodation with the same spirit? Check out the facilities that Cornish Cottages do offer for you before booking just another hotel room.
South Cornwall Cottages are Perfect for Holidays
- Do not be deceived by the term ‘cottage’ for many of South Cornwall’s posh hotels are nothing but beautifully decorated cottages.
- Holiday cottages are often located in stunningly beautiful locations. Some of these are heritage houses and have their own landscaped gardens. Others, particularly those located in small hamlets, would guarantee unparalleled views right from the patio of your temporary residence.
- Living in a cottage, self–serviced or otherwise, during vacations keeps the budget in check. This is particularly true if you are travelling in a large company.
- Whether travelling with family or solo privacy and security are important for everyone. The holiday lettings would not disappoint you in these regards.
- Living in a barn conversion on vacation is an experience in itself. The rural locations would provide wealth of education to the city bred travellers.
- The cottages are not short on state-of-the-art equipments. The kitchens of the self–catering cottages generally come fitted with latest appliances.
- Even if living on a budget staying in these cottages do not compromise on the hygiene factor.
- Slightly costlier accommodations offer additional facilities like usage of swimming pool, games room, barbecue etc.
- The main attractions, particularly the beaches, are located minutes away from many of these cottages.
- In many of the cases certain requirements, like making arrangement for tourists with special needs, are taken care of with prior intimation.
Attractions & Activities in South Cornwall
Once you are comfortably settled in your holiday cottage you will certainly like knowing more about the most interesting places of South Cornwall.
- Like other parts of this peninsula, South Cornwall is most attractive due to the presence of pristine beaches. The entire coastline from Lantic Bay to Whitsand Bay is dotted with sandy beaches. Not all the beaches have regular lifeguards. Do take a note of that before swimming. Surfing and kayaking can be enjoyed in many of these locations.
- Major tourist towns like Looe and Polperro are also located on the coast. These are great places to visit for shops, pubs and restaurants beside pretty harbours and sea views.
- Falmouth is one of the busiest towns of South Cornwall. The huge natural harbour welcomes yachts, ships and cruise liners. Falmouth is a good place to go for shopping or visit art galleries. Gyllyngvase Gardens is another local attraction.
- South Cornwall has several walking trails including some dramatic sections of the South West Coast Path
- Visiting Cornish Gardens in The Eden Project, Heligan and Trevarno would be a pleasurable experience for everyone.